Printer Question ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nikonut, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Nikonut macrumors member

I have a couple questions,I hope I dont get spanked if I am asking them in the wrong place.

First one : Iam using the Verizon usb version of rev -a for my internet,it actually is pretty quick most of the time however, sumtimes very slow,I dont know if it is the particular website or the speed of usage,is there a way to speed up the connection ?I have read things about a wireless router but do not totally understand about it ?

second : is there a good printer that you recommend ?I find most printers any more are pure junk,I really dont do much photos,I will use a print shop for that.I see that there are wireless printers,are they any good ?

I really appreciate help....and I hope Iam not in the wrong department !:D

Steve

2. Nikonut thread starter macrumors member

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

As per the printer, there's been many threads on this.

Hard to say anything more, as there's no information to go on. But the link should offer you quite a few posts to read. Though perhaps a bit long, the info is there. :)

4. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

About the Verizon card....that's a self-contained internet subscription service. Even if you bought a wireless router (which you might want to anyway, see question #2), that would only work with a high speed Cable or DSL connection.

On to the printers...

If you're primarily gonna be printing text and color isn't that big of a issue to you, then I would suggest a low cost monochrome laser printer. You can usually find them at a decent price, maybe $100-150 depending if it's on sale or not.

They have a Brother wireless laser printer at Office Depot, the HL-2170W for $150. Or you can find them even cheaper if you get one that has an ethernet port built in, and buy a cheap wireless router. If you plug the ethernet printer into it, you can set it up as a network printer.

Hope this helps :)