Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
wisc
I have a question about Leopard, I am probably wrong about this but i thought that the printer driver for canon printer were included, I was hoping that i would have the ink montering and maybe able to print cd/dvd? (I can do this with winxp) can some one clearify this for me :confused:

thanks;

beater

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
The Mac OS install contains driver software for hundreds of different printers, but it may not have the software for your particular printer (especially if it is newer than than OS version or considered "too old") or it may only have an older version of the software that was current when the OS CD was made. You may need to do a OS Software Update and / or visit the Canon website to see if there is a driver / newer driver you can download.

I was helping someone with a MacBook and Canon printer last week, and found the ink level monitoring option hidden away via a couple of button clicks in the print job window.

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
The Mac OS install contains driver software for hundreds of different printers, but it may not have the software for your particular printer (especially if it is newer than than OS version or considered "too old") or it may only have an older version of the software that was current when the OS CD was made. You may need to do a OS Software Update and / or visit the Canon website to see if there is a driver / newer driver you can download.

I was helping someone with a MacBook and Canon printer last week, and found the ink level monitoring option hidden away via a couple of button clicks in the print job window.
Sometimes other drivers will work, as they're based on the same design as the model in question. ;) It takes research, and sometimes some experimentation to find out. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.