Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jforger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Hello,

I am a longtime PC user. My daughter now needs a laptop for college and really really really wants a Macbook, despite my best efforts to convince her otherwise. Even though her college "strongly recommends" a PC, she has herself convinced that she won't have issues with a Mac. I'm torn on what to do, so I'm investigating both PCs and Macbooks options. (I hate the thought of her having compatibility issues and I don't want to get into that dual boot or virtual PC situation).

Having never purchased a Mac before, I started on Apple.com. This shows a $100 printer rebate on Macbooks, however the clickable fine prints says that this expires on July 21st. Does anybody know if this rebate is still available?

And thanks to other threads in this forum, I learned about the education discount as well. So with the "free ipod", the education discount, and possible printer rebate the price difference between the Macbook and a decent PC may not be as high as I thought.

Thanks for any insight or pointers to new rebate references you can provide.

hans3185

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2008
Oh wow, it changed on the apple site.

Kinda off topic...but does Apple charge a restocking fee if you return things before the 14 day period?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.