Printer rebate: which one would you pick?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by psychotropic, Jul 17, 2008.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I am new to apple and had a few questions.

1. The $100 rebate for the printers is ending on the 21st and I Was wondering if they will start another printer rebate or if people believe that something else will take its place? I am new to apple and am not sure if this is a common rebate or something done once a year.

2. If you have any of the printers that apple sales please tell me which one and whether you like it or not. My wife is looking for a printer that does an excellent job on photos. Give us your opinion of which one is the best.

Thanks,

2. G5power macrumors 6502

If you are considering a photo printer, give serious consideration to the cost of the consumables per photo.

In my opinion they aren't practical for printing more then an occasional photo.

3. DaveF macrumors 6502a

They had the same rebate this time last year when I bought my Mac. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns...but they've run this rebate month to month for over a year now.

4. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Canon ip4500 & Epson RX595

When we got the Mac mini a while back, Apple sent along a Canon ip4300. Decent enough printer, no great complaints. Photo quality is good, but pictures don't punch off the page like I want. The printer wasn't a replacement for heading to a camera store.

Just got a digital camera and the guy at Ritz gave us rebates for both a Canon ip4500 and an Epson RX595.

The Epson is an all-in-one job and I have to admit I like having a copier and scanner handy. It's our usual printer. Quality is OK. No complaints.

The Canon is a step up from the 4300 but nothing fantastic. Photo quality is OK, but still no punch.

There may be better printers out there, but probably not within range of the average person.

mt