Printer Recommendation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by butterwm, Jun 30, 2012.

1. butterwm macrumors member

Looking for some printer recommendations that are AirPrint compatable. Also looking to move into a color laser printer as well too. Right now we currently have an ink jet all-in-one. Not a huge fan on the ink jet but being able to scan and make copies from time to time is nice.

Thanks in advance!

2. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Although this printer isn't AirPrint, you can use AirPrint activator to do so. The Konica Minolta Magicolor 4690 MF is the best printer I have ever had!!! I strongly recommend it.

3. butterwm thread starter macrumors member

Looks very nice but outside my price range. What is this AirPrint activator you mentioned and how does that work?

4. Kurwenal macrumors 6502a

Kurwenal

After a long search I recently went with this printer. Not a huge HP fan but this does pretty much everything including AirPrint. Setup was very easy and I have had zero problems with it so far.

5. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Whats your prive range?

I second Airprint Activator. Works great. I use it with a Brother laser printer and a Epson AIO to print from my iPad.

6. butterwm thread starter macrumors member

I would like to stay under $500 if possible. Not sure if there is much in the all-in-one laser printer at this price range or if I would have to go with a laser printer only and skip the all-in-one.

Are there any real differences if I get a printer that is AirPrint capable versus one that isn't and using the AirPrint Activator program? We have an iMac and both have MacBook Airs, iPads and iPhones and would like to be able to print from all of the devices.