Printer/Scanner recommendations please

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Martin29, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

Having got my Mac up and running, I'm looking to buy a printer/scanner combination.

My usage is mainly printing photographs, and scanning ancient documents (often more than 4 hundred years old) I would like the highest resolution possible within a reasonable price range, and would obviously like reasonable running costs ;). A4 should be sufficient.

Your thoughts much appreciated.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Check out the all-in-ones available on the Apple Store website. You may then shop around for the best price on those specific models.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Interestingly Apple no longer seems to offer Canon printers, so the MX860 I have (which has served me well) can't be found that way.

Martin29, think about other features that might be important. Is the Mac the only computer you have? Are you looking for Wireless printing (is your Mac a portable usually on wireless and mobile?) Do you have any iOS devices that would benefit from AirPrint support, etc...

For your book scanning, you might want to take a look at DIY book scanner. http://www.diybookscanner.org/ rather than an all-in-one.

B

4. Martin29 thread starter macrumors 6502

Martin29

Thanks for that.

I'm running a new IMac as my desktop machine, and for the moment I have an HP Laptop, which will have to do me another year before being changed out to an MBP. I'd like wireless capability because it means that I don't have to keep switching between machines as I would if I used a wired connection. So AirPrint support would be an advantage though perhaps not a deal breaker..

Space is the reason I am considering an all in one machine, though I accept separates would probably give me better quality. It's a pain, but compromises have to be made I guess, and 'Er indoors' tells me there are no more compromises on space :rolleyes:

I wonder why Apple don't list Canon printers any longer?

Cheers