Printer settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by foz405, Jun 3, 2007.

1. foz405 macrumors member

foz405

I have recently upgraded from Panther to Tiger. The original system is still available on an external hard drive.
    In the old system when I printed a page from the internet that had black background and white printing, it reversed it and printed it with white background and black printing.
    Now that I've upgraded, it prints in reverse (as per the internet page), everything else is OK. Obviously this wastes a lot of toner.
    I've searched everywhere for preferences etc and can't seem to fix the problem
    The printer is a Xerox 6200 Phaser DP.
    :confused:

2. FireArse macrumors 6502a

hey

Just a quick idea - have you tried the 'Safari' option within your printer preferences - there is an option to print the background. Would that help if selected?

Did you use a Tiger driver, or a ppd from elsewhere?

F

3. foz405 thread starter macrumors member

foz405

No, I use a PPD from elsewhere .. the Xerox PPD that the vendor got for me. The same one he got for me the first time. Hang on, that's not quite true. I had a helluva time setting up this printer and had the vendor (local sales office) on the phone and he found the ppd in my system somewhere.
    I don't know about this safari option, although I looked for it. I use Camino in any case.