Printer Sharing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheBusDriver, Feb 10, 2008.

1. TheBusDriver macrumors 6502

Ever since I've upgraded to 10.5 I can't find my printer on my network the printer is on my G3 with 10.3, Any Ideas?

Thanks Steve.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Certainly have no idea which printer you are trying to communicate with:rolleyes:

3. snipersix macrumors member

I believe you have to put ur current mac on the same network group as the network that the printer is on.

So, the key here is that:

1.) Change or assign the same workgroup name to your current mac that wants to connect to the printer. You do it through, system preference > sharing >check file sharing and printer sharing.

Then go to system preference > Network > advance > click on WINS > Workgroup > And type the work group name of the network where the printer is attached too. Then click ok.

Go to finder to see if you can see the other macs in the network. If not try restarting your computers. And check again, once you are able to see them on the finder.

Go to System preference > print and fax > click the plus sign to add a printer > Click on location and find the printer on the network. After you do that, it will ask u to find the driver for the printer from the list, if you can't find it, you will have to install the driver on the machine so that you can use the printer on the network.

I hope this helps.