Printer Sharing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Confuzzeled23, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I recently moved my printer into my bedroom and my parents want to be able to use the printer through our home network like I had it set up before. It used to be connected to a Windows XP Pro system and my mac and our XP Home laptop could connect fine. However, now that it is connected to my Macbook running 10.5.8, I have printer sharing and file sharing turned on. When I go to add the printer on the other two computers, my Macbook shows up under our Workgroup, but it doesn't expand to show any printers. I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong?

We are all in the same workgroup, file and printer sharing is on, I do not understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any help.

2. LIKEIT macrumors newbie

Dell Printer Hook up to MacBook Pro, Need Help!.

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I'm trying to hook up my Dell Printer to my macbook pro 15'' that has Mac-OS-X Version 10.6.3 software.Can anyone help with this please!.:confused: Thx-u for any info!.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Well a while ago I remembered the blog post Printing to a printer on a Windows XP PC from a Mac running 10.4.x that will help you setup the XP sharing. Then on the Mac make sure you have the correct OSX10.6.x printer driver from this Apple document. The in OS X 10.6.x open System Preferences->Print & Fax and hit the + button to add the shared Windows printer (as long is is setup properly to share on the network).