Printer Stands - Good Place For Nice Furniture

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DEXTERITY, Aug 3, 2007.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I've been browsing online for a printer stand or some type of modular cart. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get one from. Preferably something half way nice, not a cheap plastic one.

thanks in advance

2. neven macrumors 6502a

If you want a huge selection, good quality, and ridiculously low prices, IKEA.

If you want fancy, West Elm.

3. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the reply. Yeah I hate Ikea, that is the worst place in the world to goto in person lol...will see what the website has though.

I never heard of the other place, will check them out now (edit - they do have nice furniture). Thanks for the information..

4. neven macrumors 6502a

I've been to 4 IKEA stores and I find them extremely pleasant. What exactly did you dislike about shopping there?

If you're looking for a place to shop in person, West Elm isn't the best.

Two more:

CB2
    The Container Store

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I love going to IKEA! I'm wondering too why you don't like it so much. I will say that it is impossible to shop on weekends because it's wall to wall packed. During the week it's much emptier. Great fun and gives me decorating ideas.

Target has a good online selection too, and some items can be returned to their stores.

6. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the rest of the replies and info. Everything is helpful. I

kea, not sure if you have been to the ones in Jersey, but its a nightmare and the checkout process is a disaster especially if you need something delivered. You end up going through 3 extra steps which could be avoided and which don't make things efficient at all.

And if you can only go on the weekend its even worst even if you get there first thing. Its like a rat race and a maze all in one. And after my last experience (only took almost 2 hours to check out including having to have something delivered), I will never go there again. Told myself that the first time the same thing happened.. wont be a third time.

Anything I need, can be ordered via their website if not oh well.

back to checking out the new stores which were posted.. thanks..

edit: And Target always does seem to have something useful that surprises me. Didn't even think to look there..

7. neven macrumors 6502a

Not to turn this into an Ikea thread, but...

I've been to Ikea store openings, which feature loads of people waiting in line and a completely packed store. I was still able to check out in 5 minutes. This may be obvious, but:

- Grab a complimentary pencil and pad, write down bin numbers for things you're buying.
    - Even when it's crowded, the crowd moves in the desired direction. Keep an eye out for store shortcuts, and remember that you WILL most likely have to walk through the whole store.
    - Once you get to the warehouse, pick up what you need using the aisle/bin numbers.
    - Go to self-checkout
    - Load up the boxes into your own car

Ikea is best viewed as a self-browsing, self-shopping, self-delivery, self-assembly store. I definitely prefer that to dealing with salespeople, slow cashiers, and boring delivery setups.

I've bought a bed, two mattresses, a giant bookcase, two desks, a number of chairs, a kitchen cart, and endless small items from Ikea (not all at the same time, of course). I was able to effortlessly fit them all into my Scion xA, a tiny little hatchback!

8. twittlander macrumors newbie