Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGeekAZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
My husband and I both have 2008 MacBook Pros running Snow Leopard. I just got mine a month ago. Our old all-in-one printer (a Brother) just doesn't seem to work with Snow Leopard. We tried a patch, new drivers, but the problem persists. It's an old printer, and we'd like a wireless one to make things easier. Can anyone recommend a good all-in-one inkjet printer? A bonus would be if it has a USB port so my son could print his assignments from a thumb drive (he has a desktop Mac but no wi-fi).

Thanks,
Wendi

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I'm using an HP Officejet 6500A Plus with two Macs (Lion and Snow Leopard) and a couple of Windows machines with no issues. It's wired or Wi-Fi, has a USB port and has the added benefit of AirPrint so that any iOS devices can print to it so long as they're on my network. There's also ePrint so that I can email documents to it from abroad and a printout is waiting for me when I get home.

Also, is your son's Mac connected to your network via Ethernet? If so, he could just print to it without having to use a USB thumb drive.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have a Canon All In One Printer with my MBP. It works just fine with USB. I got it from Craigslist for 20 buck! It looks like brand new :D Worked with Leopard, Snow Leapord and now Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.