Printer Will Not Print anymore!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by snickerdoodle, Feb 18, 2009.

1. snickerdoodle macrumors newbie

I got a new printer a hp c4480 and i hooked it up installed it and it will not show up on my printer list. it says internal modem and some fax thing. the printer works fine scanning, copying, so its not the connection and its definitely installed. not sure what the problem could be. also i try to edit printer list and nothing will pop up it wont allow me to for some reason. any help would be appreciated! thanks!

2. steveca macrumors 6502

to be completely sure that the printer is installed go into System Preferences | Print & Fax and on the right there should be the printer, if it is correctly installed. Is there anything listed over there?

3. snickerdoodle thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply

just went there and it said last printer used. i hit the menu and it said the internal modem and fax again. i tried to do edit list and it took me back to last printer used. set up printers wont come up on my screen either. It won't let me edit or set up printers for some reason.

4. steveca macrumors 6502

you should have a cd with the printer... install the drivers from there. Apparently that printer's drivers are not installed in Mac OS X so you need them from the cd.

I dont have that printer so not sure but its still worth to try... tell me how it goes