Printer woes - Printing via Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DavidLeblond, Oct 7, 2007.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I just moved stuff around in my house and can no longer have my printer close to my iMac. No problem, because I have an Airport Express. I plugged my printer up to it, it found it with no problem. Then I tried printing to it.

"An error occurred while trying to add the selected printer."

So I added the printer to the printers list manually. The driver listed was HP All-in-One 4.0. My printer is an HP PSC 1210. I figured this wass ok.

"An error occurred while trying to add the selected printer. Error: -9672"

So I went in search of a driver and got the "HP Linux Inkjet Driver" (HPIJS)... now I can select "HP PSC 1210 Foomatic/hpijs" from the driver list. It adds just fine... success!

Then I try printing from it.

The queue comes up, says its printing, says printing is complete. But nothing prints.

How in the hell can I get this thing to print? Anyone have any ideas?

2. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

hmmmm what OS are you running?! I found three variants of your all-in-one a 1210, 1210v and a 1210xi and I also found two drivers for Mac. One is for OS X and the other one is for OS 9. Where did you get this driver from?! The driver might be your problem.
    Try going into HP's site and look for your printer, once you find it you can look for the driver that best fits your OS and download it run it and print.
    It's how I do it on my system, since most printers' CD are Windows only. I am forced to got to the printer's manufacturer site and look for the drivers and download. Nothing to by and nothing to loose.

:apple:

3. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I'm using Tiger with up-to-date drivers from HPs site. The printer works fine with these drivers when the printer is connected directly to the computer, but not via AirPort Express.

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

not all printers are compatible with airport express, though my HP D5160 works fine.

5. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

That really stinks.

I found this mac os x hint on the internet telling how to get an unsupported printer to work for the airport express. But its old, and I can't seem to get it to work yet. Any clues?

6. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

Sorry, I don't use Airport Express......yet.

:apple: