Printer won't print black ink

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ironmaiden5536, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ironmaiden5536 macrumors newbie

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer hooked up to my PC which is hooked to my wireless/ethernet network. I installed the printer on my mac wirelessly but there is a problem when I print. The printer prints the black ink very, very lightly or doesn't even print it at all. I'm sure the black ink cartridge is not empty because when I print from the PC it prints black ink fine. And it's not a network problem because when I print from other PCs on the network to the printer it prints fine. So there must be a setting somewhere on my Mac to make it to this. I used to have the mac directly connected to the printer and it used to work fine but then I started having this problem, so I must of accidently changed something. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The first thing I'd suggest would be to clean the nozzles. Our Epson Stylus Photo at work has occasional trouble with the nozzles getting clogged, meaning the colour in question doesn't print.

There should be a clean option somewhere in the Epson Utility software, so give that a try – it may take a couple of goes, mind.

3. ironmaiden5536 thread starter macrumors newbie

i cleaned the nozzles but it didn't work. I can print to the printer fine from PCs, the problem only occurs when printing from the Mac. I don't know if it's the printing software or a setting on the Mac. I have Mac OS X v10.4.9 on it. I don't know what to do.