Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ihatevista, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ihatevista macrumors newbie

Im purchasing a Macbookpro next week. My wife has a router and cable modem on the other side of the house. Is there a way I can buy a printer and make it wireless just to my macbookpro without using a network or such.

Does the mbp have a bluetooth or Infared option and which printer works the best with what i'm looking to do?

www.balloonanimal.com

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Your MBP doesn't have infrared. It does have Bluetooth. Can't help you with Bluetooth printers though.

Best way to make a printer wireless is by network. A networking-ready printer is great, but if not you can use an AirPort.

3. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

unless you can find another router that can have a printer hooked to it. Either that, or a printer with a Ethernet port. I believe you can place it near the router, and wire it in to the network.

Airport Routers seem to work, I have an Airport Extreme, and a Brother HL-1230 series laser printer attached via USB.

The Printer does not have mac drivers for anything past 10.3, but I still managed to find something that works. I can now wirelessly print from the laptop running XP and my mac.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony