Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Can someone suggest me a multifunctional printer (printer scanner fax copier) that is compatible with LION?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I have a Canon PIXMA MG5220 and I love it, no issues printing, scanning, etc from WIFI either.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Anything you'll find in a store from Canon, Brother, HP, Epson, etc should be fine. If you're curious about a particular model, you can check out the manufacturers website, or check back here with the specific information.

Personally, I've had the best results from Brother printers so far, so I'd go with one of those.

jW

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
The printer manufacturers should have a page such as this one from Canon, that shows compatibility with Lion. Maybe not as easily found as this one, as some like to bury it a little more in the support pages, but it should be there.

Here is the similar page from HP

Compatibility information is sometimes misleading. For not so important letters, i use a HP Deskjet 960c (last supported version is Mac OS X 10.4.x) under 10.5.x and 10.7.x without problems.

I use this universal binary driver:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=mp-40792-1

Apples own HP drivers are a joke and sometimes unreliable.

Capex

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Canon Pixma MX410 here, works flawlessly. Printer scanner copier fax. I had to download the Lion drivers from the website but it was mostly painless to set up. you have to have a router if you want to use it wirelessly. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.