Printers, Speakers And Apple TV Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by masterX, Nov 16, 2008.

1. masterX macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

After looking around I'm seeing a lot of mixed feelings about some of the answers I'm looking for.

I'd just like to now a general opinion from guys actually in the know.

I've got an imac and need my plasma in the same room, I'd like to hook surround sound up to both, nothing fancy but, at the same time, nothing that will be shoddy and break.

I'd also like to know about Apple TV (In Australia). I've read some reviews, but nothing really from where I'm at.

Also looking for a printer, is an all in one for me? >_> I've never really needed to scan anything (or Fax for that matter) but I'd like the option <_<... I don't want to deal with wires either (looking to avoid them as much as possible), do they come with bluetooth or something?

Cheers and thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Get a receiver with two optical inputs. Plenty of decent HTIB out there - I'm partial to Onkyo.

Tough to answer when there's no question.

You can wirelessly print, but not scan. You'll need a USB cable for that. Canon, Epson and I'm sure the others make such models.

3. masterX thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sweet.

I'm asking for opinions, read the first post. Really, I wanted to know opinions from Australian users and such, is it worth it etc. I've also got Foxtel, could I hook that up or something using this? >_>

Oh sweet, wires make me rage. Can you recommend any good models for a decent price?

Thanks a lot for the help so far man.