Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
I'm trying to print an 8.5 by 24 picture.

I have paper to do it on, and I've set the paper size to the correct dimensions.

Every time I try to print it, it always starts halfway through the image.

This is cause for great anger and frustration. Can you think of any way to fix this?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
So what are you printing with?
Updated drivers?
Does the printer support this?
What program?

;)

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Your application is thinking it has to tile the image across 2 pages. Pr'haps because you have specified registration marks, perhaps because the image is marginally larger than the printable area of the printer.

Double check all of your print settings, make sure you have defined a custom paper size, check what your margins have to be, turn off tiling

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
Original poster
May 2, 2005
oh yeah.
that could help.

iP3000, I've tried it in preview and photoshop, in jpeg and pdf. and the printer supports it, I've done different paper sizes before.

*slaps forehead*

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
This probably has NOTHING to do with your problem, but I know when my sister prints enlarged images (with Paint :rolleyes: ...) she has to uncheck those center horizontal and vertical or else it tries to span multiple pages. Maybe there's a setting like that? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.