Printing a PDF, resizes in Firefox and Preview

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Decrepit, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Hi there.

I am trying to print a picture in a PDF. When I scale it in Preview or Firefox, it looks correct.

When I hit print it's either bigger or smaller than the picture on screen.

When I try to print from Preview, it resizes it, instead of just leaving it the original size and dumping it on the page somewhere.

Basically, I have a picture that my niece drew for me. I am going to make it the image that goes on the front of a Shuttle PC I'm building for my mom to replace her Mini. (long story, but another Mini for me!)

Does anybody have a hint on how I can get it to print without resizing or scaling to fit the page?

Another part of the problem that is probably related... In Preview, it says the picture is less than 5x3, but it's 7x5.5. If I can get Preview to understand how big it really is, maybe it will print right.

Any ideas? Suggestions? I appreciate your help.

2. devburke Guest

In the Print menu, make sure to tell it to scale at 100% rather than fitting to the page Picture 1.png

3. Decrepit thread starter macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I do that and it still fills the page...

Ok. Different question, because I think I'm the cause of the problem...

How do I take a PDF, and size it appropriately so that it prints with specific dimensions by inch, not pixel? When I go into Preview, Resize Image,

I'm trying to get it to fit a specific template, and even though it looks small on my display, it might be big on paper. So much for WYSIWYG. :D

Attached Files: