Printing an Envelope in iPages 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GovtLawyer, Apr 3, 2009.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I just switched over from the PC, where my favorite program was WordPerfect. Well, that's gone! So, I convert a file in AbiWord and open it in iPages. I produce a very nice letter and print it. Then, I want to print an envelope. In WordPerfect, you go to format > envelope > and an envelope with the addresses is formatted. I couldn't find anything like it in iPages. So, how do you format an envelope in iPages?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

First, it's Pages, not iPages (why people insist on putting an i before everything is beyond me).

Second, to actually answer your question (sorry about the quick rant), there are multiple templates for envelopes, including just a basic one. When you create a new document, you should get the template chooser. There's a whole section just for envelopes.

jW

3. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Two Separate Documents?

Thanks. I found all of the envelope templates in PAGES 08. The "i" in iWork infected each program. I've taken care of it.

It works, just not as elegantly as WORDPERFECT. I'll have to open two separate documents, and make the envelope manually. WordPerfect automated the whole process. Thanks for your help.

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

You are correct that WP, and even Word, for that matter, do a much more pragmatic job with envelopes than Pages does. Even Pages '09 doesn't really address this shortcoming. The lack of an easy solution to do an envelope while already in the letter format is certainly a shortcoming, though a minor one that I hope gets resolved in the next iteration of iWork.