Printing Companies near New York?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rooneyfernandez, Aug 25, 2010.

1. rooneyfernandez macrumors newbie

Hi

I am looking for a printing shope near New York area. It can be manhattan also..But NY is preferably..

I basically need to have some postcards to be print out. Can some one refer me any witheir website to see samples.

Thanks
    RF

2. borisdoyle macrumors newbie

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ever try your neighborhood Kinko's, Staples, Office Depot, etc.?

4. mlblacy macrumors 6502

no need to go local anymore...

I usually use: www.PsPrint (which has a satellite plant in bethlehem Pa, so it is 1 day ground ship), www.PrintPelican, or www.bestprintingonline.com.

Been a designer for over 25 years, used to always go "local", but all I got was high prices, and slowww turnaround. I have used all three of three printers a lot, and their work, price and turnaround is very good. I use all three because they often run specials, and discount 25-60% off regular rates (right now PSprint is running a special on postcards, and offering 60% off the regular rates).

You can go through online and get an exact estimate including shipping, prices will vary for stock chosen, aqueous coating if chosen, turnaround (which will be a big factor on the rate), speed of shipping, run size, etc... It is handy to be able to get an exact price within minutes. Most jobs proof online with PDFs, although you can get hard copy proofs if needed.

Short, short runs can go digital, but frankly the quality is so so. Other than that they run on quality offset presses, and are a big cut above Staples/Kinkos, etc. All are easy to deal with and have good customers service.

Another idea would be check out Moo cards (http://us.moo.com/). Moo prints "mini" cards, full size business cards, postcards, etc. They are very cool in that they let you print all DIFFERENT images on each card, which is awesome if you are a photographer, designer, etc... Postcards might be a bit steep from them, but the business card & minis are pretty cheap, especially considering you can have 100 cards with different images on them.

good luck,
    michael