Printing from a laptop to a desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicks85, Oct 5, 2008.

1. nicks85 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've got a macbook and macbook pro. I also have a iMac with a Canon MX310 printer hooked up via USB. All 3 computers are on the network but I can't seem to access the iMac's printer with the laptops. I managed to do it using a PC with bonjour for windows but not with my mac laptops. All the macs are running leopard and the printer is set to Share on the network. How do I do find the printer in order to print over the network?
    Thanks.

2. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Can you see the other macs through the network? I mean can you share files with the computer that has the printer connected?

3. nicks85 thread starter macrumors newbie

From the macbook I can see the macbook pro
    From the iMac, I can see the macbook pro
    From the macbook pro, I can see both for the first time now and was able to add the printer through bonjour.

I have the file sharing checked for all 3 computers and printer sharing checked for the iMac with the printer. I have no clue why I can't see it with the macbook

4. Shownarou macrumors regular

It could be a typo, but did you say they're checked off? :confused:

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

^^ he means that they're checked-ie. Enabled.

6. nicks85 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes sorry i mean i have them checked. editted that now.

7. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

The next time you want to print something when the box comes up with the printing info, select where a printer is shown and go to add printer. The computer will look for all printers it can access, your shared printer should pop up. Just add it and print away.

8. nicks85 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya but it doesn't for the macbook because i can't find the imac which the printer is hooked up to. theres no problem doing that for the other laptop (pro). and no problem sharing files between the 2 laptops. just the macbook and imac dont see each other.