Printing from a MacBook to Vista Printer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AppleLight, Dec 13, 2008.

1. AppleLight macrumors member

Hi,

I wondered if it was in anyway possible to print wirelessly from my MacBook. Seems simple enough right?

Well, the thing is I don't have a wireless printer. It's a normal inkjet Epson and it's connected via USB to my desktop which is running Vista Home Premium. Is there anyway I can somehow forward the document to my desktop and it'll start printing?

Oh yes, my router is standard, it doesn't have any USB ports...

Also anyone know any wireless HDDs? Time Capsules rather pricey especially in the current climate..

Thanks in advance!

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Doesn't have to do with your wireless router as much as setting up your printer as shared on the Vista machine. If you share the printer then your Mac should see it over the network, will help if you have the Epson drivers installed on your Mac too. Though the GIMP drivers will probably have something that is compatible.

3. AppleLight thread starter macrumors member

Woah...

Ok.. so I enabed the sharing things and followed some instructions to add LPD protocols etc. etc. added the printer.. but it stops printing halfway through?? :confused:

And it doesn't print the google homepage (that's all i tried) it prints some random code at the top.

I have an Epson all-in-one DX4450..It's not on the list of printers on the printer setup on my Mac...

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

the reason why time capsules are "expensive" is because they are also a wireless router.