printing from a XP laptop to an Express Print Server

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CrunchyPickle, Mar 22, 2008.

1. CrunchyPickle macrumors newbie

I have an Airport Extreme. And I just installed an Airport Express as a usb print server to the existing network. It works great and problem free on my Macbook Pro. I installed Bonjour on my Dell XP laptop. It found the express and the print driver no problem. But the Dell still cannot print. When I set off a print it sits there for a about a minute and then errors out. No particular message just The document failed to print and error -printing under the status. The printer is a Canon MP780, it has the latest drivers and prints fine when connected directly to the Dell. Any ideas?

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

What I had to do was.. not print to the printer that says brother USB and instead print to the brother... that worked for me. Good luck.

3. CrunchyPickle thread starter macrumors newbie

No such luck for me. There is no other option besides the Canon MP780 other than MP780 Fax. For kicks I tried that one but of course it tried to send a fax.

4. CrunchyPickle thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed it. Bonjour set my ip address to be myPrintServer.local I changed that to the actual ip address of the airport express. And wala! It prints.