Printing from Canon iEPP.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BubbaJones, Aug 24, 2010.

1. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I've downloaded the Canon iEPP app, which is supposed to allow you to print pictures directly to your network printer. I have one of the printers on the supported list (the MP560) and it is on my network, but the app can't find it.

I've searched everywhere, but I can't find any information on how to get it working.

Has anyone tried this app? How did you get it to recognize your printer?

Thanks,
    Bubba

2. glasserp macrumors regular

Bubba,

I have the same printer model as you and have never been able to get it to work either. I've tried several times, but can't get it. It's really frustrating too because I've found absolutely no documentation or how-to anywhere. I imagine it has something to do with our network's security and some port forwarding.

3. BubbaJones thread starter macrumors regular

BubbaJones

Thanks. At least I know I'm not the only one having problems.

I think I'll send Canon support an email and see if they have any suggestions.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It looks like if you don’t have the few printers they set it up for, you can’t print. I have the MX860, which is a wireless printer, but they only support the MX870 in that line for some reason. Doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t even support the printers they say it supports according to this thread. Bad app.

5. BubbaJones thread starter macrumors regular

BubbaJones

Yea, it doesn't make much sense.

Hopefully my email to support will produce some results. If I get any information, I'll be sure to post it here.

6. Kawirocket macrumors newbie

Possible solution

I just got the MX870 and found out when you print through the iPhone4 you have to disable bluetooth in the phone settings, then Canons ap will find the printer. Pretty lame but it works. Hope that helps!

7. big samm macrumors 65816

Same problem here.... It used to connect instantly...now it's hit or miss. Now when I launch the ieep app it hangs on detect printer.... I'm using a canon mg6120.... Anyone can help?

8. Mascha2011 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but more extreme - I downloaded the app and it just stays black when I click on it. Not only is it not detecting any printers, it's not doing ANYTHING at all! Help! What's wrong??:(

9. BubbaJones thread starter macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I haven't used it in a while, but I did get it to work. I'll have to try it again tonight.

10. futuresbuff macrumors newbie

iPad printing from Canon iEPP app.

I had issues printing and installed the mini Master Setup Driver.
    It made it possible to print.

11. calgecko macrumors newbie

I'm having this same problem - MP560 printer on my home wireless network, the Canon EasyPhotoPrint app loaded on my iPhone5, but I keep getting "cannot find printer" when searching for it, even when just 5 feet from the printer. I've updated the drivers in the printer, uninstalled and reinstalled the app - no luck.