Printing from Ipad 4.2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scoobierules, Nov 4, 2010.

1. scoobierules macrumors member

scoobierules

I have been running 4.2 on my Ipad for about a month and I can not print from the Ipad. I have read that it is only with certain printers and then I read it will print with any printer on your network. I can not get it to recognize any printer via bluetooth or any source. Am I missing anything?

2. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

3. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

So any printer connected to the network (Brother HL-1440 directly connected to Airport Extreme in my case) will print wirelessly via Airprint? Can't seem to get a clear answer to this in all my research.

4. scoobierules thread starter macrumors member

scoobierules

yes, I am running 10.1 with Itunes and I have the time capsule for my network. I can print from my Macbook Pro. Just not with my Ipad or my Iphone 4. They will not pick up any printers.

5. FubsyGamr macrumors regular

Hey guys I have a n00bish question that I haven't seen answered yet (if it is, please direct me to the response):

Are you able to print wirelessly to a wireless printer without it being connected to my computer? I'm a student, and I have a laptop and an iPad, and I want to pick up a wireless printer.

Once 4.2 comes out, can I just send prints straight from my iPad to the printer? Or do I need this whole iTunes 10.1 and OS X 10.6.5 to be able to do this, and connect to the printer through itunes, all that crazyness?

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The scenarios are:

- Some HP printers have AirPlay drivers. No computer required.
    - If you are onnected via USB to the printer you must have iTunes 10.1b2 installed.
    - If your printer is wireless you must wait for 10.6.5 to be released.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

8. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Re your last point: any idea why so? What does this do? Is this only so that you can print via print sharing on your Mac (ie, you have to have your Mac on in roder to print to your wireless printer - annoyingly)?

Can anyone with 10.6.5 beta confirm that they can print iPad > WiFi printer without an intermediate computer?

(I'm on 4.2 GM with iTunes 10.1 beta, but not 10.6.5 - and my iPad won't find my Epson Stylus 600 via AirPrint.)

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Only an exclusive line of HP All-in-Ones can print without a computer. My Epson All-in-One requires I have 10.6.5 to print wireless. When I plug it into my computer it can print because iTunes beta HAS the LOCAL driver installed.

10. jmsbcknr macrumors newbie

Version of Itunes that will allow the IPAD to Work

It is now 2/26/2011 but the latest version of Itunes that I can download for my PC is 10.1. Am I missing something?