Printing from iPad?

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
Need a little help here to get my print up and running again.

Using Airprint Activator to print from my iPad 2. I installed AA last year and everything was working fine.
I got it printing from my iPad no problem.

Fast forward... I tried printing today and now I can't get anything to print from the iPad. I've followed the directions from the link I provided and I still can't get anything to print.

Should I un/reinstall AA and see if that does the trick?

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Illinois
I believe the new IOS 5 (it worked for IOS 4.x) on your iPad disabled Airprint Activator (for non-supported Airprint printers. I don't think there's anything out there now that works.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
Airprint is built into every iPad using iOS5. If your printer is Airprint enabled, you'll see it automatically. If you don't have an Airprint printer, you'll need to install Fingerprint software from Collobos Software.

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
Thanks for the help!

I haven't had a chance to see what other printing apps out there.
I just noticed today I wasn't able to print anymore.

My printer is not Airprint enabled, I have a Brother.
AA worked fine for me and it was free to boot!

I guess I'll have to start looking around again.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Need a little help here to get my print up and running again.

Using Airprint Activator to print from my iPad 2. I installed AA last year and everything was working fine.
I got it printing from my iPad no problem.

Fast forward... I tried printing today and now I can't get anything to print from the iPad. I've followed the directions from the link I provided and I still can't get anything to print.

Should I un/reinstall AA and see if that does the trick?
I believe the new IOS 5 (it worked for IOS 4.x) on your iPad disabled Airprint Activator (for non-supported Airprint printers. I don't think there's anything out there now that works.
This ... I was using the hacktivator or whatever it was and with 5.0 it stopped working. There have been 3 times where printing from my iPad would have been useful and that was one of 3 in 2 years and I'm still oddly annoyed.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Airprint is built into every iPad using iOS5. If your printer is Airprint enabled, you'll see it automatically. If you don't have an Airprint printer, you'll need to install Fingerprint software from Collobos Software.
I have the ipad2 with ios5.1, and an epson AirPrint printer and I don't see anything? What am I supposed to see?

So, I would also like to know how to print from the iPad

Thank you