Printing from iPads to Printers

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lgwells1, May 10, 2012.

1. lgwells1 macrumors regular

lgwells1

I am trying to help an office upstairs setup their iPads to print to their Ricoh Network Printers.

Ricoh Aficio 3260C

Ricoh Aficio MP C4500

+1 Ricoh, model number unknown.

There are 100+ agents up stairs and most have iPads. The office manager wants to have his agents able to print wirelessly to the Ricoh network printers. The agents have a pin they type in before they print. They are charged to used the printers. Ideally we want this feature when using the iPads to print from.

Any ideas?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm pretty sure any iOS device can only print from the specific list of AirPrint compatible printers.

3. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

This is the general consensus. Give this a shot.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

AirPrintActivator is what you should be looking for. It can make a printer shared from a running Mac available to iOS devices on the local wifi network.

5. lgwells1 thread starter macrumors regular

lgwells1

I installed FingerPrint on a test server, then added our printers. Fingerprint is great, but I just spoke with customer service, and it seems they cannot fulfill all my needs. I am still looking for iOS printing software that will allow PINs to be entered.

6. classicaliberal macrumors regular

classicaliberal

7. Bob- macrumors newbie

Do the agents have their own computers set up in the office anywhere or is the iPad their only device? I have a similar setup in my office, but also have a laptop. I have set prefs on my laptop to default my pin and all printing from my iPad is routed through my laptop.