Printing From iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gallinger, Aug 11, 2007.

1. gallinger macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone has heard of someone hacking the iPhone so that you could print from it, to a printer connected to a Router such as the airport extreme. I think this would be a cool feature. Simple but cool

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Nice idea. Maybe it will happen when/if there is more doc edit capabilities...

3. mpmusic macrumors newbie

Yeah

you know what, i JUST submitted an idea for that but for pictures to iphones feedback hopefully it will be included soon.

4. phd macrumors member

phd

I found this on the net.

1. Create an AppleScript on your home computer which prints the attachment from any email which has 'PrintLW640' (or whatever you like) in its subject.
    2. Open Mail on your iPhone/touch, add 'PrintLW640' (or whatever name you want to give it) to the subject (like 'NewProspects PrintLW640'. Send the e-mail to your home email address. The attachment will automagically be printed...
    3. More than one printer? Add multiple scripts with different printernames (like my PrintLBP5000 for color prints ;-).

5. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I don't know if I would use this much, but it would be great to have available. I would probably install the app or whatever it was.

6. FunkyTang macrumors regular

It would be nice if you could print full size web pages to my network printer. They should offer two universal printer drivers as add-ins. One for PCL and one for Postscript.

7. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Smart move and quick fix for now. Definitely look forward to an ability to connect wi-fi to a printer and print to it. Expect apple to be the first to make one of the lexmark printers "iPhone capable" when filesharing becomes more prominent on the phone.

On a side now, AirSharing is a GREAT app if you want to do that right now.