Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clueless:(

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
I have been trying everything I can think of to get 2 PC's on our home network to print on my Canon MP610 which is connected via USB to my MacBook Pro and the two PC's recognise the printer and add it as a device but when I try to print, the message "access denied, unable to connect" is displayed.
If it's of any relevance, I cannot get the PC's to access the Public folder on the MBP over the network either.
Any helpful pointers as to what I may be doing wrong?
Cheers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Yes I have, but thanks very much for the reply, I really appreciate it.
Got any other ideas or anyone else?

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
I've had a thorough read and can't make sense of it at all
Oh well, I will have to live moving the printer/laptop to each other I think

coops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Use Bonjour - download it from Apple and install on your PC's - and it should work fine - there's instructions etc but it is easy enough.
Worked very easily first time for me with printer USB'd to a time capsule, printing from two PC laptops.

Also, just for reference..... see below, if you need to print wirelessly from a Mac thru time capsule to a printer connected to a PC :-

i posted these over at mac-forums at http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/169159-printer-sharing-pc-macbook.html

Coops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Use Bonjour - download it from Apple and install on your PC's - and it should work fine - there's instructions etc but it is easy enough.
Worked very easily first time for me with printer USB'd to a time capsule, printing from two PC laptops.

Also, just for reference..... see below, if you need to print wirelessly from a Mac thru time capsule to a printer connected to a PC :-

i posted these over at mac-forums at http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/169159-printer-sharing-pc-macbook.html

Coops

thanks very much coops!
but still no luck, comes up with an error when i try and print :(
it could be the printer? Canon MP610....
I'm not too sure

thank you so much for the advice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.