Printing Frustration - 2 different printers, 2 different paper sizes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by datniche, Aug 29, 2013.

1. datniche macrumors newbie

Hey all,

This is extremely frustrating how difficult this is on a Mac. I feel like it's something so incredibly basic, just with the iOS interface any sense of personal customizability is hidden away never to be found.

I have a regular printer. It's a Canon, all-in-one, photos as well, etc. For this, I obviously want to print standard 8.5"x11" paper. Word documents, emails, receipts, invoices, etc.

I also have a Zebra printer which is for printing sticky shipping labels.

My problem is that I see NO way to easily change between the two. It's like you set a "default paper size" and from there on, the only way to switch, is to switch your DEFAULT size.

Why is it that I cannot figure out a way to click my Canon printer, and have it understand that the paper is NOT 4"x6" but is 8.5"x11", and then when switching back to the Zebra, have it understand that the paper IS 4"x6" and not 8.5"x11"?

I don't see a way to set a default paper PER EACH printer. I see a way to set a default printer. And a default paper size. So then every time I switch either way, it is wrong.

Any help on this issue? Thank you.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You want to simultaneously change paper size and printers? Applications have the File/Page Setup... menu selection. It is immediately above the File/Print This dialog box is where your page size is selected for your printer and your page size are selected. This allows your document to be formatted for your specific page size.