Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IIplus1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
I am a mac newbie and would like to print on my HP PSC 2100 (combo print, scan, copy type of deal) only in B/W. While the printer is meant to be used for color as well, the only cartridge that I have in there is the black and white since I never do any color printing.

I would like to know what are the appropriate settings for successully printing web pages (i.e. google maps), emails, just about anything, but ONLY in B/W.

I have tried changing paper type/quality to grayscale, but that doesn't seem to be allowing me to print for example, google maps, correctly. The maps print as very faint silhouettes. i realize that this setting is meant for the _paper_ but there was nothing else that I could find relating to B/W. There is no color cartridge in the slot.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
I have an older HP PSC, and it uses the color cartridge to print grayscale.

The black cartridge only prints black. All other tones lighter than black are produced through a mixture of colors.

So, it should work if you get a color cartridge.

IIplus1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Still need HELP - Color cartridge isn't a solution...

The whole reason that I print only in grayscale is to avoid using color and buying expensive color cartridges. I rarely print photos, only wordprocessor documents and the ocassional web page, and I never print photos. I have been able to use only the black cartridge in grayscale for printing on a PC.

So the ideal solution involves using only the B/W print cartridge. Any one else have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.