Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kelpartho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Sorry, in advance for my limited tech knowledge. We had been using an Apple Airport for wifi connectivity and to print using a non wireless printer. But our Comcast Cable Modem died and they sent us home with a new Comcast Infinity Modem/Wifi device. We unplugged the Airport and hooked up the Infinity and have Wifi but now we can't print. Is it possible to set the Airport up in conjunction with the Infinity and then have printing capabilities? Or must we invest in a Wireless Printer? We have a MacBook and a PC which share this printer. Thank you for any insight you can give us.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Sorry, in advance for my limited tech knowledge. We had been using an Apple Airport for wifi connectivity and to print using a non wireless printer. But our Comcast Cable Modem died and they sent us home with a new Comcast Infinity Modem/Wifi device. We unplugged the Airport and hooked up the Infinity and have Wifi but now we can't print. Is it possible to set the Airport up in conjunction with the Infinity and then have printing capabilities? Or must we invest in a Wireless Printer? We have a MacBook and a PC which share this printer. Thank you for any insight you can give us.

Only if your new Comcrap Infinity device has a USB port. I would disable the wireless on the Comcrap device and use the AirPort.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
The only broken then I see is if you have problems with connection, comcast may blame your modem and charge you $45 for the visit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.