Printing issue to HP 4050

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mike1013, Jul 27, 2015.

1. mike1013 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone ,

I have connected to a hp 4050 via usb and the printer is installed and an option when printing. We send the job to print and it goes to the cue. The green line progress to the end showing the job complete but is does not print. I tried the generic pcl driver and then deleted the printer , re installed and tried the hp deskjet driver option. Still the same issue. It send the job to the printer but it does not print and when you look in the print cue no print jobs are pending.

It is a brand new mac with the latest software.

Thank you

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Is your HP printer the Laserjet 4050 - if not a Laserjet 4050, which specific HP model is it?
    The Laserjet 4050 is a part of the latest HP printer software available from Apple, so here is how I would suggest that you proceed.
    Open the Printers & Scanners pref pane in your System Preferences.
    Right click on the printer list, and choose Reset Printing System...
    Are you sure? Click the Reset button. All printers will be deleted.
    Close that pane for now.
    Download and install the latest HP software directly from Apple. Here's the download page for that - https://support.apple.com/kb/DL907?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

After the HP software is reinstalled, check that your HP printer is connected directly to your built-in USB port (not an external USB hub), and printer power is on.
    Open the Printers & Scanners pref pane again, and re-add your HP Laserjet 4050.
    I don't know about your particular HP printer, but if you see more than one choice, make sure that the one you choose is for the USB port. It will probably be listed that way under the Kind column.
    Send a test page to the printer. You can do that from the Print Queue/Printer menu.
    if that test page prints successfully, you should be OK...