Printing issue with an HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PinkyMacGodess, Feb 14, 2015.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I'm hoping someone here has had experience with this color laser printer by HP.

We've two in our home office, and while they seem like great printers on paper, they are now winning ANY points here for execution of their main task: Printing.

We have iMacs, both with Mavericks, and both with the latest updates, including printer driver updates. The printers both are identical, in that they have the same firmware and assorted versions, and they both print like a dead cow.

I submitted a document to print on Wednesday, and it finally printed Friday! Yes! Almost THREE DAYS to print it!!!

The document I was printing is available here. It's a single page, single sided document, and it's not overly complex by any means.

I've updated one system with the latest HP printer driver that I could find, and there was no change. We have an OfficeJet Pro 8600 and it craps out the color print in just fractions over a minute.

I don't think it's the network, and it can't be one of the printers, as they both perform, or not, the same way. I have thought of dropping more memory into the printer, but half the time, it *looks* like the printer isn't even receiving anything from the iMac, at least there is no indication that it is.

It's the damnedest thing to have happen.

Anyone have any insight, I'd be very grateful...

2. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I just downloaded a new version of the driver from HP, and it has sped up printing to now something less than an hour.

I don't know if it's a OSX thing, a driver issue, or a memory issue with the printer.

Anyone else having printing issues where it's taking a while to print? It's frustrating to say the least.