Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I have a HP 1115 photosmart printer. It worked fkawlessly with my old Dell. I bought a new mini and downloaded the New Mac drivers and it does print. But 8 out of 10 times I have to re-boot, unplug the printer plug it in, and mess with it for 5 minutes before I can get it to print.

Question:

Should I just go by a new printer at the apple store and be done with it, or am I doing something wrong? My printer was 199$ 4 years ago, so I would be up for a new one if it WOULD work better.

thanks
Trout

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
Trout74 said:
I have a HP 1115 photosmart printer. It worked fkawlessly with my old Dell. I bought a new mini and downloaded the New Mac drivers and it does print. But 8 out of 10 times I have to re-boot, unplug the printer plug it in, and mess with it for 5 minutes before I can get it to print.

Question:

Should I just go by a new printer at the apple store and be done with it, or am I doing something wrong? My printer was 199$ 4 years ago, so I would be up for a new one if it WOULD work better.

thanks
Trout
Maybe try an older driver. I had this printer, and it worked flawlessly with my G4 jaguar setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.