Printing issues - keeps printing in reverse order!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mikeqls, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mikeqls macrumors newbie

Hi People

Im probably being really thick but lately my machine keeps printing stuff in reverse order - i've looked at all the settings and if i manually change it to normal - its fine. But it always goes back to automatic and prints it in reverse. Must be something simple i'm missing as it was working fine so i dont know what im doing wrong

any help would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

When you print look a the printers setting. Each printer is totally different however somewhere in the settings is a box or something you have to choose. On my printer I looked under the Paper Handling dialog and there it was under Page Order.

3. mikeqls thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply - i got a HP PHotosmart and under paper handling it gives three options - automatic, normal and reverse. unfortunately it always reverts to automatic which is the same as reverse - i cant seem to lock it or set the default to normal

thanks anyway

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

After you have the configuration the way you like it, go to the Presets: pull-down and select "Save Current Settings as Preset...". Then print with that setting (don't do a "cancel" out of the printer dialog). The setting will then become the default until you change the preset.

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

Also in print settings there is a box for Presets.... change it to Default, or to Last Used, etc and experiment with that.

Failing that ... there is a way to reset the entire printing subsystem. You can then reinstall the drivers.

Luck

[looks like talmy beat me to it...]

6. mikeqls thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you..... problem solved..... i had the return to default after printing box checked for some strange reason!!!

thanks chaps

7. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Your welcome, glad you figured it out.