printing issues ' Network host busy'

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Europe calling, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Hi,

I have a LinkSys Etherfast BEFSR41 router (static IP 192.168.1.2) to which i have hooked up my network printer (Brother DCP-315CN, static IP 192.168.1.3).
    When i try to print from my mac (static IP 192.168.1.5) i get the message 'Network host '192.168.1.3' is busy, will retry in 30 seconds... :confused:
    I don't understand this. When i hit the button to check ink-levels it returns those just fine. It just refuses to print. I run 10.6.4, and have the latest brother software for this version of OSX driver installed.

Attached Files:

2. Europe calling thread starter macrumors regular

Europe calling

Problem Solved!

I was using the wrong setting for printing over ethernet. I used the IPP protocol which gave me the 'Network host is busy' error.
    When i switched to LPD to add the printer to the list, it just worked fine. :D

Attached Files:

3. dbernie41 macrumors regular

I am having this same issue with a Samsung ML-2510, however whichever IP option I choose I get the same "busy" message. Anyone have any other ideas? :confused:

4. Edis0n macrumors newbie

Try to install Rosetta, for me it worked for quite a broad number of printers, including HP, OKI and a couple of other brands.