printing iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dmohr, Mar 30, 2008.

1. dmohr macrumors newbie

Spent yesterday reconverting much of my CD library to MP3 in iTunes for a variety of reasons. Would like to print from finder/desktop a comprehensive list of current music/MP3 library which resides on an external firewire drive. Have a quite large CD selection (approx 700+ cd's ?) and would like to print list of all MP3's with artist folders revealing individual albums to physically cross-ref new paper printout with physical CD collection.

Would like to see if I've converted all I want/need to and to have in hand when music shopping... I have actually re-purchased music on a couple occassions forgetting that CD was already in my library... I know I must be getting old and no I'm not blond.

In past have manually screen grabbed and Photoshopped together page after page of folders contents, way too time consuming. Early on could even 'copy' entire list into clipboard and manually sort in TextEdit, also now too much work. I also know there are some database apps that could facilitate printing 'music database' but I don't want to spend any money... tried opening iTunes Library xml in Excel and a couple freeware databases... no luck

anybody know any secrets? .... I tried researching internal 'Help' on my mac, Apple support and some discussions but found no real info. Thanks!!

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm not sure, how your final print out should look like, but did you try using iTunes' print function?

/Rupert

3. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

you could run the following (from your itunes directory) under terminal i think:

Code:
    ls -R > ~/Documents/itunes.txt

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

iTunes

File-Export

This will produce a .txt file containg the info just open that and copy it into excel.