Printing on tracing or vellum paper

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Artful Dodger, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello,

My question like the title follows, has any one here printed on tracing paper and not the tissue thin type but more along the lines of newsprint paper or lightweight vellum paper before?

The printer I have is the Canon Pro9000MkII and paper can be fed through the front to back for different printing needs. I have yet to hear back from Canon about this and I don't relish the thought of messing up a new printer with a bone headed move. I could always apply the tracing paper to a slightly thicker (heavier) weight paper thus keeping it in tack but if others have used a similar printer at home or in the field any advise would be greatly appreciated!

As for the reason of why tracing paper, some of my art that I've made on the computer I would like to reproduce on canvas; 30x40 or double that in size while still retaining the original form as best as one can without using a projector of sorts.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Tracing paper may not produce particularly good results, but it will not mess-up your printer.

3. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

You can buy packages of vellum from Staples that will go though any inkjet printer. I send them through all the time for my various projects. I don't print on "tracing paper" that comes in the tear off pads, but the 20# vellum works every time.

4. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Thanks, the tracing paper is really for printing parts of my stuff up like a puzzle as I only need the outline which I would use charcoal on the underside to create my real transfer marking per say while still keeping an eye on my line up of well, my outline. Just a thought as I can tape vellum together and get the same result so thanks for the real world means.

5. lonestarsmoker macrumors newbie

Printing on vellum or tracing paper

If you are using a laserjet printer the vellum or tracing paper will shrink slightly.