Printing orientation in OSX (ex windows user)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johny5, Dec 4, 2007.

1. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

I love my macs, all 5 of em :) but when it comes to printing from any OSX app it confuses the hell out of me :(
    everything else on the mac seems so simple and straightforward.....

my problem is, I am trying to print out text in 80 landscape christmas cards.
    I have created the text and graphics in Pages and this is also in landscape mode.

now I need to print on my epson RX620. You can imagine that when you open up a landscape christmas card its pretty wide (long), they measure about 12.5" and therefore wont go in the printer the right way up (besides there would be feeding issues).
    So I need to feed them in sideways (portrait) so the text prints out sideways as well.
    I have searched high and low in pages but I cant find an option to do this.
    I used to print these out in ms word on windows xp and there is an option in windows to do this.
    The only thing I can find is to setup the page as portrait however this then screws up all the text on the page as the text is the wrong way and I would somehow have to align the text to be set at 90deg rotated clockwise!?

All i want to do is to design the thing as i see it on screen and then print it out portrait.

can anyone help please? before the post rush starts! :)

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Just open page setup and select the page size and orientation you want.

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

like this:

Attached Files:

4. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

Thanks for the reply :) thats exactly what I thought but look at what happens.....

First picture is how i want it to look, when I change the orientation to portrait it messes up like so.

thinking about it my page size is custom set to 16.5 x 9.5, maybe if i changed it to 9.5 x 16.5?

Attached Files:

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

The problem is you're selecting portrait when you clearly want landscape (the second option in Page Setup).

6. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

ok thats what it was, when i changed the sizes around it worked. A lot of messing about though? and I would have thought the page should be set up as 16.5 x 9.5cm as thats how it is, but i want to feed it in the printer portrait way.

It just seemed easier on windows, if you have a document you can tell it at the last stage just before printing to print it in the other direction of the printer
    and in OSX it was so confusing?

anyway sorted now :) thanks

Attached Files: