Printing over wifi connection?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JHNguyen, Jan 3, 2008.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Hi,
    I just switched from my other DSL provider to Comcast Internet.. and it kind of ruined my setup, and I'm looking for some advice.

Before, I had my modem, router, printer, and wired print server, all on a little ledge on the 2nd story of my house. It was all connected so that I could print from anywhere in my house with any laptop without having to connect it to the printer. NOW, with the cable modem.. I need to move my modem and router on the bottom floor, but I don't have enough room for the printer on the bottom floor. I'd like to keep it where it is..

Here's a few ideas I've been thinking about..
    -Wireless Print Server
    -connect it to my laptop in my room and use my laptop as the "print server" (it may work since I don't take my laptop out too often, but then again, if someone needs to print, and my laptops not there, some problems would come up.)
    - I HAVE an old wireless router that I don't use, is their someway I can use that as a wireless print server?

Any other suggestions?

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

The easiest solution would be to get an Airport Express and use that for wireless printing.