printing pdfs on leopard...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stuff99, Nov 18, 2007.

1. stuff99 macrumors 6502

i see to be having printing pdfs in leopard...the txt shows up as garbled messes...

did this happen to anyone else?

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

What are you trying to save as a pdf ? Got some links or examples of ones that always or more commonly do it ? I "print to pdf" a lot, and I haven't seen this trouble. I wonder if its something specific that you are doing.

3. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

well im trying to print a pdf that i created in Adobe Indesign CS3.

it printed fine when i printed via my laptop which is still running tiger...

4. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't be the only one having this problem right?

5. exoriare macrumors member

I've had a similar problem (I think) but I'm not sure it's Leopard. I pasted an image (actually a Filemaker button with text label) into a Pages doc and then converted to a pdf. Looks fine on screen in both Pages and Preview. But when you open it in Adobe Reader the text part of the image is compressed and garbled. Didn't notice the Adobe problem till it came back from the printshop similarly garbled - they obviously don't use Preview (or even Macs). But if your print problem comes from Preview then we have different problems.

6. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

it happens in preview too but its fine when I print from my laptop using tiger

7. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

somebody please help me

it's so annoying that my mac can't do something simple such as printing pdfs

8. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Are you using any obscure or non standard fonts?

9. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well before I was just trying to print my resume converted to pdf from indesign...

but yesterday I was trying to print the boot camp installation instructions on pdf.

leopard is just ask wonky as vista

10. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Strange,.. have you tried calling apple? I have not heard of anyone having this problem, seems pretty random.

11. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

12. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Oh yeah,.. I heard about this. They are supposed to fix it by the end Q1 of 2008. Until then, you might be screwed. Sounds like you might need to shout at Adobe for being slow issuing the update and Apple for not giving Adobe the final release candidate of Leopard... and you can blame Jobs and the iPhone for the hasty release of Leopard.

You might try uninstalling Acrobat 7 and see if that fixes the problem.