Printing problem on MS Office for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yckelvin, Sep 15, 2011.

1. yckelvin macrumors newbie

Dear all,

Not sure whether I post the right thread here about MS Office for Mac. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I have a MS Word file with landscape and portrait layout, I have problem when printing it.

All pages in this file contain the total page number. The Word can only print the document in one orientation if I turn off the print dialog. It cannot rotate the landscape page into portrait. Some of the content cut. If I change the page setup, then it apply to whole document even I only selected a range of page, the total number of page will be affected.

Do anyone have such experience and having the solution?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

You need to use sections for changing from portrait to landscape and back.

3. yckelvin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did use section for changing between portrait and landscape, my problem is the printing cannot change it automatically. It keeps all in either portrait or landscape, so the total number of page will be affected.

Kelvin.

4. georgemclaren macrumors newbie

Hey, There is the problem of set-up page setting you did not read the overall printing setup carefully when you would like to print out landscape page then you have to select the landscape page in the setup. However, on the other hand if you would like to print out the portrait page then you've to select the portrait page in the page setup.

5. yckelvin thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mean I have to do the setup every time while I print the whole file? If my file consist of 1page portrait for the 1st page, 3 pages of landscape for 2nd to 4th and then followed by 2 pages of portrait, when I do the print, should I need to do 3 times of setup from the page setup?

In Microsoft Words on Windows platform, I don't need to change the page setup and it will automatically do the adjustment according to the page orientation setting in the document.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

6. cadmanchriss macrumors newbie

Yes , you have to print those pages one by one and select the appropriate option every time to change the page print layout from landscape to portrait or vice versa