Printing problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by podevil22, Oct 20, 2012.

1. podevil22 macrumors newbie

I need HELP! Often when printing PDF documents mailed to me on my MacBook, it takes forever to print to my H-P LaserJet 2100. I can't figure out why. It only seems to take so long when I get the PDFs emailed to me and I have to open them to print. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

Please help!

Steve

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. podevil22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Printing problems

As a matter of fact, they are. I thought about that but then I couldn't understand why all PDFs from one particular sender always take forever to print. Please expound if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
    Steve

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The detailed question is this:

Someone that is using [PDF Creation Software name] on a computer running [Operating System name] sends me PDFs that I view in [PDF Viewing Software name] on my MacBook running [Mac OS version] and print to a HP Laserjet 2100 connected via [Printer Connection type]. These PDFs seem to take forever to print. Does anyone know why that would be?​

My guess is the HP or its driver software is having trouble deciphering the PDFs that are coming from the PDF Creation Software and it could be due to the output settings the sender is using.

5. podevil22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Printing problems

Thanks, Brian. I really appreciate it.

Steve