printing question in OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fjs08, Apr 30, 2007.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

Is there a way to print non consecutive pages at one time via OSX?? Usually, I go to Preview and print them one at a time.
    Thanks.
    Frank

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

MS products allow you to select random pages, but I don't think it's possible via OS X. What are you trying to print, and from what application?

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>MS products allow you to select random pages, but I don't think it's possible via OS X. What are you trying to print, and from what application?<

Just random items from web and or Word or Excel. I agree, when I use XP on my wifes PC, there is a line where I can insert pages with dashes or comma's. I've not seen that on OSX.

Frank

4. kostia macrumors regular

It's by application. Adobe apps, for instance, do let you insert ranges and random pages (like "1,2,4" for instance), but they use their own Print dialog, not the built-in OS X one. Any program (web browser, Preview, any iLife app) that uses the built-in OS X print dialog only has the "From X to Y" input, so you can only do a range.

However, if you change "Copies & Pages" to "Paper Handling" you should have the option to print only even pages or only odd pages. Combining that with a range can narrow things down; for instance, if you wanted pages 3 and 5, you could say From 3 to 5, plus check "only odd" and page 4 wouldn't print.

5. neil21 macrumors newbie

Just found out how to do this!

You cmd-click select multiple pages and choose file>print selected pages... In preview at least.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But that may differ from Mac OS X 10.4, the actual version at the time this thread was made - April 2007, three years ago.

Btw, how did you come upon this thread and what was your motivation?