Printing Reminders in OS X

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by EricaV, Apr 15, 2014.

1. EricaV macrumors regular

EricaV

I'm annoyed at even having to ask such a simple question. Perhaps even more annoyed that there is no obvious way to print a reminders list. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

I've been taking a screen shot of reminder lists I want to print on occasion- but can anyone tell me if there's a way to do this. Or is there some subversive reason that Apple has not included such a function in the OS. Sheesh

Any help appreciated

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Playing devil's advocate...what good is a reminder outside the Reminder's app? It then becomes nothing more than a note, and there's an app for that.

3. EricaV thread starter macrumors regular

EricaV

Thanks for sharing- but here's why: why duplicate efforts by listing something in both a note and a reminder ? While I don't frequently need to print a reminder list for (reasons you seem to be alluding to) I sometimes do for various projects. It would be nice to just print my one list instead of having to use another app to make another list of the same list.

"More apps" is not always better- sometimes "more functionality" and less apps is better. Just my opinion.

For anyone actually interested in the question - I found out elsewhere that you can go into edit/ select all , copy and paste the reminder list to a word or note file get the job done. Unfortunately this is akin to making a list of a list (or another note) in order to print it. Sorry, but it makes more sense to me to just be able to click print once in a while if needed.

So apparently Mavericks has not included this level of sophistication in the reminders app- oh ...well

4. chabig macrumors 68040

Maybe it will be added in the next version. It's unlike Apple apps not to include "basic" features like that.

5. EricaV thread starter macrumors regular

EricaV

Thanks- I hope so !

6. EricaV thread starter macrumors regular

EricaV