Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Printing service for B&W photos

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
I have several B&W photos that I want to get professionally printed for display at home and in my office.

I went to a local professional print service and they used color paper for the prints. In warm indoor light the print takes on a reddish cast that drives me crazy.

Anyone know of print services available through the internet that use B&W rather than color paper? Or print services that you've been happy with for professional B&W prints?

I don't want to compromise. I am looking for museum quality prints (or something close). I have a small number of photos that I really like and want to display without seeing the flaws in the printing process whenever I view them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Comment

soco

Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I just checked at the place I used to use and they stopped doing B&W. But I found these guys
http://trueblackandwhiteprints.com/blackandwhiteprintsfromdigital.html

They say all the right things, like wet chemistry silver gelatin prints from digital files on Ilford paper. But I've never used them. I may because my other source has gone away.

I don't know man, if I had a nickel for every time someone said wet chemistry silver gelatin prints from digital files on Ilford paper, I'd uh...

...yeah.
:confused:

Comment

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
Thanks for all the replies. I'll check them out.

Comment

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
I haven't used these guys, but I keep meaning to check them out, 'cause they're local. But I think they could do whatever you wanted to have done:

http://digitalsilverimaging.com/

I ended up using this site and was happy with the results. Can't compare it to other sites, but it's worth a try if you want to print B&W prints.

Very good turn around time--prints were shipped the next day. The Java applet worked with the newest version of Java. One of the other sites posted above kept saying that I didn't have the right version of Java which prevented me from printing there and comparing the results.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.