Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Hi, im only a novice to Garageband and im trying to help my drum teacher learn it. He wants to print the sheet music from the songs that he creates. Is this possible and how may it be done?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Nope.
I've asked Vlady (the resident garageband expert at Apple galleria houston) and there is NO way it can be done.
Well, you can take HUNDREDS of screenshots and put them all together.

There was even a class with Francis Preve at Houston Galleria, and I asked him the same question. He's written a book about GarageBand, so he KNOWs it. He said it can't be done.

We can always hope it'll be there in Garageband 3!! (along with key changing in piece.)

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Logic Express can... (Think Final Cut Express of Audio, if GarageBand is iMovie)

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
yeah that was my fear, but why can you view the entire musical notation and not be able to print it? On the Apple site it shows that you can do that, how could they have decided NOT to put in a feature to print it :confused: :confused:

The thing is Marlon (the drum teacher in need of this feature) has no idea how to even use garageband, so going to an even more intense program like Logic may not be such a great idea...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.