Printing symbols

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kase1025, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kase1025 macrumors member

On of the teachers at my school is having a problem on her mac. Its an iMac. When she prints, just certain things, the printer prints symbols instead of some of the words. The whole page isnt like that, just some headings and things. Any ideas?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Could be a print driver issue. Could be malformed or slightly corrupted image files. I see this issue on all operating systems, so likely isn't a Mac problem per se, but others here may have some tips.

3. kase1025 thread starter macrumors member

i think its also just on this one program also.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Would that one program be Microsoft Word/PowerPoint? <shakes fist in air in MS general direction>

5. kase1025 thread starter macrumors member

haha- its not ms word. could it be i dont have the certain font that is messing up on my computer?

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

That is indeed a decent possibility. You may be able to locate the font online somewhere. Use Font Book to install it once located if you go that route.

7. kase1025 thread starter macrumors member

ok- i have another question about fonts. and totally confused about it

and this is a totally different teacher.

on each computer in our school, every person is able to log in to each computer (all log in names are available upon start up). One of our teachers has weird characters come up when she is logged in, no matter which computer she is on. When I am logged in on the same computer, it is fine. When she logs in, some websites show crazy symbols.

What about that?